- Respect: the awareness of each other's boundaries and the need
for personal space and vulnerabilities.
- Equality: treating each other as equal human beings
- Honesty: Mutual trust, openness, and understanding are the
key contributors to a healthy honest relationship
- Trust: the ability to confide in each other openly, knowing that their confidences will be respected.
- Security: strong enough to absorb conflict and anger, each knowing
they can express their feelings honestly
- Communication: the ability to speak about what they feel, need or
desire openly together without much hesitation
- Laughter: humour keeps everything in perspective
- Support: continually offer each other encouragement, comfort
- Physical Affection: sexual desire may fluctuate through a long-term relationship;
a healthy one will retain some physical connection.
- Togetherness: able to create a sense of both intimacy and autonomy
and enjoying each other interests
|Healthy or unhealthy?