STATS ON SEXUAL ACTIVITY
• Most very young teens have not had intercourse: 8 in 10 girls
and 7 in 10 boys are sexually inexperienced at age 15.
• The likelihood of teenagers' having intercourse increases steadily
with age; however, about 1 in 5 young people do not have intercourse while teenagers.
• Most young people begin having sex in their mid-to-late teens, about
8 years before they marry; more than half of 17-year-olds have had intercourse.
• While 93% of teenage women report that their first intercourse was
voluntary, one-quarter of these young women report that it was unwanted.
• The younger women are when they first have intercourse, the more likely
they are to have had unwanted or nonvoluntary first sex--7 in 10 of those who had sex before age 13, for example.
• Nearly two-thirds (64%) of sexually active 15-17-year-old women have
partners who are within two years of their age; 29% have sexual partners who are 3-5 years older, and 7% have partners who
are six or more years older.
• Most sexually active young men have female partners close to their
age: 76% of the partners of 19-year-old men are either 17 (33%) or 18 (43%); 13% are 16, and 11% are aged 13-15.
|Sex is rare among very young teenagers, but common in the later
|% who have had sexual intercourse at different ages, 1995|
Sources: 1995 National Survey of Family Growth and 1995 National Survey of Adolescent Males.
Source: Guttmacher Insititute -http://www.guttmacher.org/pubs/fb_teen_sex.html
Visit this site above for more statistics
More statistics to come...